|* 請注意：未皈依、未受灌頂者請勿翻閱學習！ >> 我要皈依
Mahottara Heruka Sadhana
|Start by praying for the root lineage blessing: First empty the mind. Next, visualize the Root Lineage Guru Living Buddha Lian-sheng appearing above your crown and radiating light on everyone present. Chant the Root Lineage Guru Heart Mantra 7 times. Pray to the Root Lineage Guru to empower you so that the practice will be auspicious.
Engender the Four Immeasurable Minds: Visualize your parents, children, relatives, friends, and enemies join you in this practice.
Wake-Up Call: Clap twice, then cross hands and snap thumbs and middle fingers.
- Recite the Purification Mantras and Earth God Mantra
- Recite the Invocation Mantra
- Tender the Great Homage with Visualization
- Mandala Offering
- Fourfold Refuge
- Armor Protection
- Recite the High King Avalokitesvara Sutra (1 time).
- Recite the Rebirth Mantra (7 times).
- Recite the Root Guru's Heart Mantra (108 times):
Om, gu-ru, lian-sheng sid-dhi hum
- Mudra and Visualization
Mahottara Heruka Mudra : Put your palms together. Open the lower part of the palms while keeping the middle three finger tips touching.
Illustration of mudra: GM Demo
Seed Syllable: Hum (Blue in color)
Visualization: First empty the mind
Chant the Emptiness Mantra:
Om, si-ba-wa, su-da, sa-er-wa, da-er-ma, si-ba-wa, su-do-hang. (3 times)
- Visualize the Primordial Adharma Buddha appearing in the void with a blue seed syllable「」, ''hum,'' in the center of his heart and emitting blue light.
- Visualize the seed syllable revolving and transforming into Mahottara Heruka. He has 21 faces, 42 arms and 8 legs. In every hand he is holding a bright mirror, each of which shows one of the 42 peaceful deities. The 42 peaceful deities include the Primordial Buddha, the Mahesvara Buddha Mother, the five Buddhas, the five Buddha Mothers, the eight major Bodhisattvas, the eight major Bodhisattvas' consorts, the four wisdom kings, the four wisdom kings' wrathful queens, and the six munis. Mahottara Heruka's Buddha mother has nine faces, 18 arms and four legs. Two of her hands hold a Kartika and a skull-cup while her remaining hands hold a shining mirror. She has a beast-like face and appears wrathful.
- From the brow point of the Mahottara Heruka, a beam of white light shines onto one's brow point. From the throat of the Mahottara Heruka, a beam of red light shines onto one's throat. From the heart of the Mahottara Heruka, a beam of blue light shines onto one's heart. The three lights of white, red, and blue merge completely into one's body-mind
- Recite the Mahottara Heruka Heart Mantra (108 times):
- Entering Samadhi
- Emerging from Samadhi
- Recite the Principal Heart Mantras
- Recite the Buddha's Name (3 times)
Namo the 36 trillion 119 thousand and 500 Amitabha Buddhas.
- Recite the Hundred Syllable Mantra (3 times)
- Tender the Great Homage with Visualization (same as step 3)
- Recite the Completion Mantra
Om, Bu Lin. (3 times)
Om Mani Padme Hum.
Dismissal: Clap twice, then cross hands and snap thumbs and middle fingers.
End of Practice: May all endeavors be auspicious.
An empowerment must be received from Living Buddha Lian-sheng or an authorized True Buddha School master before engaging in this particular sadhana.