|* 請注意：未皈依、未受灌頂者請勿翻閱學習！ >> 我要皈依
Amitayus (Longevity Buddha) Sadhana
|Start by praying for the root lineage blessing: First empty the mind. Next, visualize the Root Lineage Guru Living Buddha Lian-sheng appearing above your crown and radiating light on everyone present. Chant the Root Lineage Guru Heart Mantra 7 times. Pray to the Root Lineage Guru to empower you so that the practice will be auspicious.
Engender the Four Immeasurable Minds: Visualize your parents, children, relatives, friends, and enemies join you in this practice.
Wake-Up Call: Clap twice, then cross hands and snap thumbs and middle fingers.
- Recite the Purification Mantras and Earth God Mantra
- Recite the Invocation Mantra
- Tender the Great Homage with Visualization
- Mandala Offering
- Fourfold Refuge
- Armor Protection
- Recite the High King Avalokitesvara Sutra (1 time).
- Recite the Rebirth Mantra (7 times).
- Recite the Root Guru's Heart Mantra (108 times):
Om, gu-ru, lian-sheng sid-dhi hum
- Mudra and Visualization
Longevity Buddha Mudra (Meditation Mudra): Open both palms horizontally facing up and place the right palm on top of the left with the tips of the thumbs touching. (Place the palms below the navel)
Illustration of mudra: GM Demo (English Subtitled)
Seed Syllable: Seh (red in color)
Visualization: First empty the mind
Chant the Emptiness Mantra:
Om, si-ba-wa, su-da, sa-er-wa, da-er-ma, si-ba-wa, su-do-hang. (3 times)
- Above an expanse of ocean is a stretch of clear sunny sky. A moon disc rises from the ocean into the sky. Inside the moon disc is red Sanskrit seed syllable「」''seh,'' emitting great red light.
- The seed syllable inside the moon disc revolves and transforms into Amitayus. Red Amitayus has one head and two arms. He holds a nectar-filled bottle with his Meditation Mudra.
- Visualize the nectar bottle emitting lights three times empowering the practitioner. It completely removes the karma of the practitioner and lengthens the practitioner's life.
- Recite the Amitayus Heart Mantra (108 times):
Om, ah-ma-re-ni, zu-wen-di-ye, so-ha.
- Entering Samadhi
- Emerging from Samadhi
The great empowerment of Amitayus
Eradicates negative karma, prolongs life, and enhances fortune and wisdom
Practitioners with affinity constantly invoke Amitayus
Their lifespan is long and will extend to infinity
- Recite the Principal Heart Mantras
- Recite the Buddha's Name (3 times)
Namo the 36 trillion 119 thousand and 500 Amitabha Buddhas.
- Recite the Hundred Syllable Mantra (3 times)
- Tender the Great Homage with Visualization (same as step 3)
- Recite the Completion Mantra
Om, Bu Lin. (3 times)
Om Mani Padme Hum.
Dismissal: Clap twice, then cross hands and snap thumbs and middle fingers.
End of Practice: May all endeavors be auspicious.
An empowerment must be received from Living Buddha Lian-sheng or an authorized True Buddha School master before engaging in this particular sadhana.